Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Sunday, January 29, 2006
You know, it feels just like yesterday that I gave birth to you. I can't believe it was thirty-one years ago. I remember you screamed and screamed and then I gave you a can of Coke. You drank four of them in rapid succession.
And now you're all grown up!
Posted by Carrie at 8:52 AM
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Charleston, IL, boasts this world's tallest statue of Abraham Lincoln.
The World's Largest Catsup Bottle, pictured below, is not located in Charleston. It is located in Collinsville:
But Charleston is home to Abraham Lincon's father's log cabin:
In Charleston, it always looks like this:
And Tommy and Noby once visited Eastern Illinois University, also located in the city of Charleston.
Posted by Carrie at 11:47 AM
Friday, January 20, 2006
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Hi, I'm Scarlett Johansson, one of the world's perfect creatures, here at the "Golden Globes." I like to put quotes around those words because tonight they refer to me. I'm everywhere and everyone loves me. I'm as smart and talented as I am beautiful. There's only one thing that would make me happier right now: to be better friends with Carrie and Rusty of the GLORY!blog.
Is that them? They're here?
Aw, no it wudn't. You know, they say there's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world. That's why Carrie and I are insured with Lloyds of London.
Rusty is too, if you know what I mean.
Oh, I see you do.
You gotta squeeze, you know.
By the way, I wear this ring and pretend I'm married to Rusty and Carrie. Though I hear Laura at Sweet Pepper's is already their collective girlfriend, lucky gal.
Okay, I gotta get back to the awards and be one of Jesus' miracles.
Posted by Rusty Spell at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Sunday, January 01, 2006
* or: About What You'd Expect from a Post at This Time
1. The Carrie & Rusty Christmas Show, where we looked at our tree and got each other cool prezzies.
2. A Tommy Burton Christmas, where we played "Stoke the Fire" and got even more cool prezzies.
3. Ma and Pa Spell's Jugband Christmas, where we were buried in the prezzies of small children, and got additional cool prezzies.
4. The Big Interview Trip Pt. 1, where we had seven MLA interviews (two with the same peeps) with English/Writing people, wore suits, bought $2 Cokes, jammed to Indian music in the back of taxis, rode the red line, and listened to people with nervous stomachs farting/dumping/puking before and after interviews. No cool prezzies.
5. The Big Interview Trip Pt. 2, in which we took our forced vacation and saw the big monuments in Washington D.C., including the pretty Christmas trees set out for the War on Christmas.
6. Rusty & Carrie's Shiny New Year, flipping the TV among ball-drop shows, waking Carrie up two minutes before midnight.
7. I dunno, probably laundry day.
Posted by Rusty Spell at 12:55 PM