Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Some of you may recently have gotten e-mails from Samuel Jackson, where he calls you by name and tells you that you personally have to go see his new movie Snakes on a Plane. . . Well, now I've got Jessica Simpson singing her new song, "A Public Affair," directly to to me. Hey, Carrie! Listen to it! It's the wave of the future! Celebrities in recording booths saying different names into a microphone for hours at a time. Hey Carrie . . . Hey Carrie! Carrie's steppin' out for a public affair! Thanks, Jess.
Posted by Carrie at 11:46 PM
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Rusty and I have made $102. 21 on half.com so far selling our duplicate books and CDs. You can see our remaining 33 listings here. You can even buy from us! We have guaranteed fast shipping and high quality products.
And because we like lists, here's what we've sold so far:
They Might Be Giants: No!
They Might Be Giants: The Spine
Edie Brickell and the New Bohemianians: Shooting Rubber Bands at the Stars
Neutral Milk Hotel: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Outkast: Speakerboxx/The Love Below
The Apples in Stereo: Fun Trick Noisemaker
The Magnetic Fields: 69 Love Songs (1,2&3)
Henry Fielding: Joseph Andrews and Shamela
John Fowles: The French Lieutenant's Woman
Muriel Spark: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Jean Toomer: Cane
Harold Pinter: The Homecoming
Michel Foucault: The History of Sexuality
Lewis Carroll: More Annotated Alice
William Golding: Lord of the Flies
William Faulkner: As I Lay Dying
William Faulkner: Absalom, Absalom
N.K. Sanders: The Epic of Gilgamesh
Zora Neale Hurston: Their Eyes Were Watching God
Ernest Hemingway: In Our Time
Ernest Hemingway: The Sun Also Rises
Nella Larsen: Quicksand and Passing
John Barth: Lost in the Funhouse
Jeanette Winterson: Written on the Body
Willa Cather: My Antonia
Thom Jones: The Pugilist at Rest
Posted by Carrie at 9:11 AM
Sunday, August 20, 2006
We haven't shown any more pictures of the place since we've moved in. We've got something special in mind for the future to really show it off, but here's some sneak-peeks for now.
One of the bigger chores was filing all our newly-combined media. Here's a stack of (some) of our CDs before they were put up.
We have special cabinets for our board games. This is just one of them.
Our new fridge, complete with magnets. Look carefully for Happy Milk, Richard Schwartz, and the Support Carrie Hoffman Dot Com ribbons.
This is probably our favorite place in the house, the dining area off from the kitchen. We look outside at birds and butterflies and stuff. Two bookshelves here. We have at least one bookshelf in every room except the kitchen and bathrooms. Those all got filed too.
Close-up of our new napkin-holder and Coca-Cola salt and pepper shakers.
Carrie's toys on the kitchen window sill.
We use the ninja-attacks-Jeff magnet to know when the dishes are dirty or clean in the dishwasher. When Jeff gets kicked upside-down, they're dirty.
We filed the DVDs too. And set up the speakers with new stands in the front and back.
Yes, that is Hee-Haw on the TV.
Notice anything unusual about these doorways?
The secret! I've got white speaker wire strung and clamped around both of them so it's out of the way. Here's a close-up.
We got the duckies on the duck duck.
I have this clock Carrie gave me hanging in my room. It doesn't work, so I set it for 9:11... so I'll always remember...
Here are the built-in shelves in my room. I use them to hold my "toy" instruments.
I did eventually put the CDs up. Here they are. We bought the extra rack ahead of time just in case we needed it. Give us a few months and we will.
Posted by Rusty Spell at 12:21 AM
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I've just finished putting mine and Carrie's CDs together--the big consolidation, the ultimate in commitment. We've already begun selling our duplicates. While typing Carrie's stuff into my online list, I noticed how many greatest hits collections we have together. Here they are:
- ABBA: Thank You For the Music
- ABBA: The Definitive Collection -- These two as well as the entire ABBA catalog.
- Paula Abdul: Greatest Hits
- Air Supply: Ultimate Air Supply -- And the T-shirt to match.
- The Art of Noise: The Best of the Art of Noise [Pink Cover]
- Rick Astley: Greatest Hits
- Bananarama: Greatest Hits Collection
- The Bangles: Greatest Hits
- Beastie Boys: Anthology--The Sounds of Science
- The Beatles: 1 -- And their entire catalog (duh!).
- Bee Gees: Number Ones
- The B-52's: Time Capsule -- And a few of their albums.
- Blondie: Greatest Hits
- Bobby Brown: Greatest Hits
- Carpenters: Gold
- The Cars: Anthology--Just What I Needed
- Johnny Cash: The Heart of a Legend
- Johnny Cash: The Man in Black--His Greatest Hits -- And several albums. All five of the American ones.
- Ray Charles: The Very Best of Ray Charles Volume II
- The Chieftains: The Best of the Chieftains
- The Clash: The Story of the Clash, Volume 1
- David Allan Coe: 17 Greatest Hits
- Leonard Cohen: More Best Of
- The Cure: Greatest Hits
- Deee-Lite: The Very Best of Deee-Lite
- Depeche Mode: The Singles 81>85
- Depeche Mode: The Singles 86>98 -- And two of their albums.
- Destiny's Child: #1's -- And an album or two.
- Devo: Greatest Hits
- Devo: Greatest Misses
- DJ Laz: Greatest Hits
- Fats Domino: The Fats Domino Jukebox
- Donovan: Donovan's Greatest Hits
- Duran Duran: Greatest
- Danny Elfman: Music for a Darkened Theater Volume One
- Danny Elfman: Music for a Darkened Theater Volume Two -- And one soundtrack.
- Erasure: Pop!--The First 20 Hits -- And their entire catalog.
- Eurythmics: Greatest Hits
- Exposé: Greatest Hits
- Fleetwood Mac: The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac
- John Fogerty: The Long Road Home
- Four Tops: Anthology
- Aretha Franklin: The Very Best of Aretha Franklin
- Debbie Gibson: Greatest Hits
- Go-Go's: VH1 Behind the Music Go-Go's Collection
- Billie Holiday: The Essential Billie Holiday--Songs of Lost Love
- Billie Holiday: Billie Holiday's Greatest Hits
- The Human League: The Very Best of The Human League -- And a tribute album.
- Janet Jackson: Design of a Decade
- The Jackson 5: The Ultimate Collection -- And a Christmas CD.
- Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince: Greatest Hits
- Billy Joel: The Complete Hits Collection
- Elton John: Greatest Hits, 1970-2002 -- And the Princess Diana single.
- Howard Jones: The Best of Howard Jones -- And a live album.
- Journey: Greatest Hits
- Carole King: Super Hits -- And Tapestry (duh!).
- Patti LaBelle: Best of Patti LaBelle
- John Lennon: The John Lennon Collection
- Huey Lewis and the News: Time Flies--The Best of Huey Lewis and the News
- Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam: Super Hits
- The Mamas and the Papas: Greatest Hits
- Men at Work: The Essential Men at Work
- Kylie Minogue: Greatest Hits 87-97 -- And an album.
- The Mnemonic Devices: The Singles Collection (1996-2001) -- And their entire catalog, for some reason.
- New Kids on the Block: Greatest Hits
- New Order: Substance
- New Order: Singles
- Olivia Newton-John: Magic--The Very Best of Olivia Newton-John
- 'nikcuS: Favorites -- See The Mnemonic Devices.
- No Doubt: The Singles 1992-2003 -- And most of their albums.
- Sinéad O'Connor: So Far... The Best of Sinéad O'Connor -- And most of her albums.
- OutKast: Big Boi and Dre Present... OutKast -- And the rest of their catalog.
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark: The Singles
- Pebbles: Greatest Hits
- Pet Shop Boys: The Complete Singles Collection
- Elvis Presley: The Top Ten Hits -- And some other stuff.
- Queen: Greatest Hits
- Queen: Classic Queen -- And an album.
- Lou Reed: Walk on the Wild Side, The Best of Lou Reed
- R.E.M.: Eponymous -- And their entire catalog.
- Kenny Rogers: Twenty Greatest Hits
- Rolling Stones: Forty Licks -- And an album.
- Todd Rundgren: The Very Best of Todd Rundgren
- Raymond Scott: Reckless Nights and Turkish Twilights
- Carly Simon: Reflections--Carly Simon's Greatest Hits
- Simon and Garfunkel: Greatest Hits -- And their entire catalog.
- The Smiths: Best ... 1
- The Smiths: Best ... 2 -- And most of their album.
- Rusty Spell: Age 20 to 30 -- And all his crap.
- Sugarhill Gang: The Best of Sugarhill Gang
- Sugar Ray: The Best of Sugar Ray
- P.I. Tchaikovsky: The Best of Tchaikovsky -- And some other stuff.
- Tears for Fears: Shout--The Very Best of Tears for Fears
- Pete Townshend: The Best of Pete Townshend
- The Velvet Underground: The Best of the Velvet Underground -- And their entire catalog, and more.
- Jerry Jeff Walker: Ultimate Collection
- Don Williams: The Best of Don Williams Vol. II
- Don Williams: The Best of Don Williams
- Stevie Wonder: Greatest Hits Volume 2
The end. We like greatest hits albums and will get more. Go see our entire collection.
Posted by Rusty Spell at 8:56 PM