Sunday, May 07, 2006

Will Oldham Follow Up

I got Will to sign my CD. He's pretty good at belnding into a crowd because at the beginning of the night, he was just sitting at the corner of the bar having a beer, looking like all the other Thirsty Hippo people. Everybody was there to see him and yet nobody recognized him. So I went up and got him to sign my CD. Here's what he wrote:

Dear Carrie,

Remain Blest!

[insert long arrow going down to the bottom of the CD insert]

Will Oldham

Here's a photo of the big night --



I actually had to leave before his show was over because he didn't start playing until 12:15 and I had to teach in the morning, plus I couldn't breathe with all the smoke. I did, however, get to hear the band that played before him, whose name I forget, but if you were ever wondering what it might sound like if they had music playing as you descend into hell, it would have to be this band's music. We actually all had our hands over our ears.

I am now less than a week away from becoming Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Dr. Spell, PhDork, gets here on Wednesday.